Listen to Sarabeths playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, March 12, 2010

Visions of Rock Bands Dance in My Head

I got a guitar this past Christmas. When the family got together my cousin was going to teach me a song. He asked me if I knew any Green Day. I was clueless about who he was talking about, although I did have one of their songs (Wake Me Up When September Ends). I never listened to it because I thought it was boring. It wasn't the kind of music I liked so I didn't care. But when my cousin asked me about it, it sparked some interest in me. A few days later I was with another of my cousins who was introducing me to new music. I was going through his iPod and immediately recognized the name "Green Day" I asked him about them but he said that he wasn't a huge fan. But I had even more interest in the band. Sometime after that I was on you Tube. I noticed that one of the featured videos was Green Day's "21st Century Breakdown" music video. So, naturally, I clicked on it. I fell in love with Green Day in four minutes and thirty-four seconds. The music video was so awesome. I loved the way that it was black and white, and had a bunch of paint splatters, and the music was great! But the reason I immediately bought it on iTunes was because I thought Billie Joe Armstrong was so cute! While I was on iTunes I searched for some of their other songs. I found out that two songs (21 Guns and basket Case) I already knew and loved, were by Green Day too. So I bought those videos. Since then, I got the complete American Idiot album and the complete 21st Century Breakdown album. I also have 25 other songs on various albums. Green day is my favorite band now. For my birthday I got a guitar book that has fifteen Green Day songs. I know how to play three of them. But Green Day is not the rock band vision in my head. I am currently saving my money up to but myself an electric guitar. Green Day has inspired me to write my own songs. I'm not saying that I'm any good at it, but that doesn't mean that its not fun. If I ever got over my fear of public speaking, and magically acquired a brilliant singing voice, I might have a chance. But until then I will just have to stick to performing in front of the imaginary crowd in my bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you have a fear of crowds and don't have a fabulous singing voice... remember this... most musicians are just song writers. they write the good stuff that the good singers sing!!

    ReplyDelete